Mehendi is a pure Indian wedding style irrespective of the religions. For every girl, the beautiful design of Mehendi and the color it holds gives a special significance on the events like a wedding. It is a mandatory event for weddings in most of the corners of India. It is believed that, the darker the color of the bride’s Mehendi, the more love she gets from her husband. Apart from this, it is also believed that the bride with a dark Mehendi gains countless affection and love from the Mother in law.
This article is dedicated to Mehendi lovers. We are going to discuss all the dos and do not’s in a Mehendi event, which is often considered as an important event in any Indian wedding. It is not just bride-to-be, Applying Mehendi is all time favorite for most of the girls and they apply it on the hand for any small given reason.
Mandatory Things To Do Before Applying Mehendi
- Check the templates and previous works of the designer before finalizing them. It will give you a glance imagination about how their work is going to be on your hands. Share with them if you have a specific design in your mind.
- Having the hands stable is important while applying Mehendi. So, get a nice sleep and eat satisfactorily before applying Mehendi.
3. Get the artists at the location and make sure they are on time before the event.
Donts Before and Applying Mehendi.
- You should not sit in the bright sun, or not sit in the sun at all while the Mehendi is being applied.
2. Should not move the hands and make sure the sideways are always dry.
3. Do not blow-dry the Mehendi. Let the Mehendi dry naturally. Blow-drying may lead to smudging your design and ruin it.
Dos for a dark and long-lasting Mehendi
- For the best results, it is better to apply Mehendi at least 24 to 48 hours before the event.
2. Make sure the Mehendi is on your hand for 8-12 hours.
3. You can take the ‘clove steam’. This helps in getting the rich and dark color. For this, all you have to do is to warm a few cloves in a pan and run your hands over the smoke. But remember, as soon as the steam starts hurting, you have to pull the hands back.
Things Not To Do For Dark Mehendi
- For a better and dark Mehendi, do not overuse the sugar and lemon solution. The overuse of these materials may dilute the Mehendi paste and spoil the design.
2. Do not use soap or water to remove your Mehendi. Try to stay away from water for at least 12 hours after removing it.
Follow these steps and have the charm of lovely Mehendi on your wedding. These are minor and small things that will make you look gorgeous with dark Mehendi on your hand on your auspicious day. Please let us know if you have more tips about Mehendi.
And, by the way, if you have any queries regarding the type of Mehendi that you want to select, please do visit www.shaadicart.com to have a look at the designs and the list of vendors that provide you with the essential details.